Saturday 20 April 2013

About my work....



I am surprised I left this off my introduction to me, as my work is, I think, a huge part of who I am.  I love what I do, I work for an awesome company and I get the opportunity to do what I do best every day.  Not only that, but I work for a company that encourage me to do even more of these things and take responsibility to make the right choices about where I go next.  I’m not going to mention the name of the company as all opinions in my blog are my own etc .  But I’m lucky (and deliberately chose) to work for a principle based, family and relationship driven company whose core values really match my own.

I work in Talent Acquisition but what that really means is that I get the opportunity to attract and  offer amazing people amazing opportunities to join this business.  Then I get to see them develop, grow and achieve.  Whether it’s an Apprentice or a Senior hire, there really is nothing better than feeling like you’ve helped someone make the next step on their career and personal journey.   I see it as my personal responsibility to ensure that they get every chance possible to find out if we’re the right fit for them and for them to showcase their talents to us, despite the nerves.  I also get a massive sense of satisfaction from seeing the line manager or team get excited about this new person who is going to join them. 

As well as acquiring amazing, talented individuals to help shape the success of the business, I am lucky enough to get involved in a few other bits and bobs.  I’m a culture Ambassador and help new starters to the business understand our people and network driven business, the heritage and principles and the amazing brands we make.  I work in a chocolate making area of the business – what’s not to love!?!!  As one of the line managers I work with once said to me, ‘If you can’t have fun working in a chocolate business where can you!?!!’  I also get to look at fun and innovative ways to attract people from far and wide to come and join us.

Aside from what I do and the fantastic culture I work in, it’s really the people I work with who make it an amazing place to work.  They are talented, passionate, caring, fun, daring, principled, individuals and that makes for a different challenge and a lots of fun everyday.  And really, isn't that what 'work' should be all about.  Getting paid to do what you love with people who value what you bring is pretty fricking awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment